This is my first blog.
I do not know why people have a desire to write but I believe it is linked to our natural desire that humans have to express ourselves, to communicate and to be connected - even if others are not interested in reading what you have to say. So here I begin and I hope to explore and clarify my thought and interests and maybe even meet a few new friends who share some of my interests.
I have a number of interests - in no specific order:
- healthcare / telemedicine
- energy technology
- bio technology / genetics
- computer evolution
- social networking
- history and future of technology and impacts on society
- wake surfing, water and snow skiing, wake boarding, biking, walking, spending time with friends, and enjoying the world God has given us
As I put in my linkedin account http://www.linkedin.com/in/doughohulin, I am interested in:
Working to transform the way people communicate, connect to information and develop relationships. I have a special interest in leveraging personal wireless broadband technology to “connect the unconnected” and improve the health of people. A good article that highlights this interest is the following:
I am a rational optimist and in spite of all the problems in the world, I think with faith, hard work, discipline and motivation, great these can be accomplished.
I am going to explore the concept of mash-up: talking two or more concepts to create a new one in my blogs. Maybe as I explore the combination of multiple subjects, I will discover something new. As stated by Isaac Newton "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
When I was a kid I watched the TV series Connections "that explored the history of science and invention and demonstrated how various discoveries, scientific achievements, and historical world events were built from one another successively in an interconnected way to bring about particular aspects of modern technology." This show has helped me trigger some of the ideas that I will be exploring. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcSxL8GUn-g I
In future blogs, I plan to explore the following concepts:
- iPAD2 and Connecting Seniors and the Unconnected – Top 10 Apps for Seniors
- Healthcare and Global Warming: Why expecting people to change their lifestyle may not be the solution
- Creating a computer to be like a dog not a man
- The Stephanie test vs. the Turing test
If you are interested in these blogs, let me know. If you have written similar blogs on this topic, please point me to them as well.
- Doug Hohulin